Friday, February 19, 2010

Feed

I thought feed was a great book. At first I just thought it was going to be a really dull read, but as I started reading it got interesting. I started to really get into it and think about how if life actually was like that. It would be terrible just to be mindless and not be able to use your brain on your own and have a computer to tell you everything and do everything. In the book my heart went out to Violet. She was the only actual "normal" one, she was the only one left with a brain that could think on its own. The irony is her brain was the one that was destroyed. Overall all the book was a great book and I did not realize till I finished the book that I have read another book by Anderson called Octavian Nothing. The question that I think about the most from this book is, will societies ever end up like they are in the book The Feed?

2 comments:

  1. Society is no where near to having this done. Like you said "Mindless Thinking" is exactly right. What the FEED chips lack is a sense of true intelligence. Having a chip think and being able to download information regarding anything lacks peoples true intelligence. There is no need to read anymore, think anymore, and what it is basically coming to; interacting with one another anymore. Communicating through thoughts is weaker then verbal communication. A crazy thing that would happen is as we evolved over another 1XX amount of years would the FEED way of thinking possibly evolve into how dolphins communicate. Would we start speaking through high frequency pings and pongs. Dolphins communicate through Eco Location. Would we someday start using a form a echolocation due to technology taking over the need for speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you felt emotion from what Violet was going through. It's hard to believe that to have unlimited knowledge and understanding people would make those kinds of sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete