Friday, March 19, 2010

A Clockwork Orange

I have heard of this book before because of the movie and I have always wanted to read. One thing I didn't know was how much of a slang there is. It really makes the book though and develops the it. The slang is what really gets me into to the book, i like trying to figure out what the words mean before looking them up. I'm not completely done with the book yet but I have liked it so far. The two questions I think about is can criminals ever change completely? and is incarceration better or is rehabilitation better for criminals?

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I think that the slang present in the reading is very difficult but it definitely "makes the book". However, I must say that I do not feel a part of this book as I did "Feed". I feel that I understood that language a lot better in "Feed" than in this reading.

    I also have to wonder whether or not criminals can ever change completely. Like I mentioned in class more than 50% who are released from jail or prison re-enter the same environment and are thrown back in jail. So can they be changed? I like to think optimistically and say yes, some... but definitely not all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the slang gave the book a certain setting. It gave the book an edge to it and was very unqiue.

    ReplyDelete